Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Principle One: Thirty Days Makes a Habit

I was very young when i heard on television that a person could create a habit in thirty days or thirty repetitions.  I took it to heart.  In junior high school, i experimented with handwriting, devising specific e's, g's and a's, maintaining verticals, rounding curves.  I built routines and organizational systems in repetitive forms, practiced elocutional speaking, building accents, practiced with weapons and wrote methodically.  In thirty days, you can do almost anything.

In the interest of citizenship, i intend to establish a new habit, that of a citizen, e. pluribus unum.  In thirty days, i hope to create and become a citizen, establishing principles, standards, criteria and definitions of what is a citizen.  I hope to use this body of work as a manifesto, or bible of my personal belief so that anyone considering my credibility has an idea of what i believe, what i mean, what i say and what value it may have.

I expect a more streamlined, highly productive and well-maintained life benefiting myself, my family, my city, nation and world.  I hope this to be my beginning of a new phase in my personal life and an assertion of and immersion in my value system. 

I remind myself:
     Know what you believe. 
     Make yourself.
     Act right.

No comments:

Post a Comment