Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 17 Poem: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Pt. One

I tormented my eighth graders relentlessly by writing these like water goes downhill.  So here come three of the the best, worst, and least attractive; you decide which is which. Edit HTML

Draft of Imitation on Scary Cheese

The scary cheese, it makes me sneeze,
it knocks my knees afraid.
I slice it thin to serve a friend;
My hands shake on the blade.

All filled with holes, dug by cheez moles,
It threatens from the plate;
Its yellow guise appalls my eyes;
It looks at me with hate!

It's good with chips, to melt in dips,
and I would eat it, too;
But it sits there with holes that stare;
I don't know what to do.

The deadly snack, if it comes back,
I'll race to get away!
I'll melt it down, I'll make it frown,
This dog will have its day.

Such soured milk, I hate its ilk
Intolerant Lactose!
 No cheese I'll buy! Cheese I'll deny!
I hate it and it's gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment