Friday, April 16, 2010

April 9 Poem: A Moment of Weakness

Dedicated to my good friend; you know who you are.

My Jew, there is a terror
     that runs deep in my heart
The fear I'll make an error
     that keeps us, friend, apart.

The genius burning through you,
     your surety of right,
Your confidence and parvenu
     of which I oft make light

Will choke on shards of commerce
     in casual interplay
Of opinion, right perverse,
     from my naivete.

What force or charm returns me
     to research day and night
To prove I'm not unworthy
     to stand with you and fight?

As apparent, your disciple
     my Peter to your Christ
Our freindship archetypal,
     I hope not compromised,

Is all I have to offer
     and I guess I'm karma, too
Or at least I hope and proffer
     a trade in joy I glean from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment