Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day Zero of Thirty

Welcome to Citizen Humble. 

Every super-hero has an origin story.  I have never found myself a hero, but I know what they are.  I will be no Kick Ass, no Batman.  I will be unsung.  What kind of hero is that?  Doing the rotten jobs anyway; taking responsibility and power; leading Destiny.  This will be my chronicle of becoming a citizen.  Like it or not, I must accept the world as it is before I can remake it as it should be.  Join me in this experiment for the next thirty days of simple journey in an attempt to meet my own standards so I can practice what I preach.

I have picked thirty days to echo Supersize Me, and "Thirty Days", and because anything I do thirty times becomes a habit.  My first priority is to establish these habits.  To others, they seem mundane, but for me they represent a baseline of behavior I can respect and support.  Aside from addressing health, livelihood, chores and personal obligations, I intend to write three to five hundred words here each day, journaling my journeying. 

I intend to master these behaviors through systematic repetition and checklisting.  I am determined to reduce spending to near zero, to develop web skills, and to pursue writing, painting, creating as an avocation.    I don't know what you will think, but I have to begin, so here it is.  Come back every few days and see how I have progressed.  Maybe I can be a bit of inspiration, as others are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment